To go, advance, proceed, travel, move along, progress.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

30 Days: Day 21- 5 Things I Wish I Didn't Know

Sometimes ignorance is bliss. It's hard caring. It's hard having knowledge and feeling responsible for it. This should be short and sweet.

1. I wish I didn't know how bad everything we eat is. 
I wish I could ignorantly feed my children Fruit Loops and bologna sandwich's with a side of Cheetos and some refined processed sugar item for dessert and not know anything other than they were happy and full.

2. I wish I didn't know how bad medications are for you.
All of them. They are all bad. They band-aid problems and then cause more problems. I hate feeling guilty every time I take a Tylenol or legitimately need antibiotics because I know the little bit of help is hurting something else.

3. I wish I didn't know what beauty standards were.
I want to "F 'em" but it isn't that easy.

4. I wish I didn't know so explicitly what goodness was- who Jesus was.
We are responsible for what we know and if I didn't know what I do about the love of Christ I wouldn't be responsible for being loving when I didn't want to be. This one is sort of a double edged sword because I know being like Jesus is actually better for me and also shows others who He is, which is also something I want to do, but sometimes it's just really hard.

5. I wish I didn't know that our government is a disgusting, selfish, prideful display of money grubbing scumbags who only want what is best for themselves and will sacrifice anything to get whatever that is.
Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment