To go, advance, proceed, travel, move along, progress.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

30 Days: Day 3- 10 Worst Pet Peeves



In no particular order, and I can almost guarantee this isn't going to be pretty, so if you can't read this and be friends with me even if you feel insulted, you should just stop now:

1. THE VACCINE THING: Okay. I haven't even started writing and I can feel my blood pressure rising. Here is the thing, I don't parade around writing and sharing articles about what a bad, irresponsible person you are for vaccinating your kids- despite my firm belief that they can be extremely harmful. I don't petition for children whose parents chose to vaccinate to be kept away from my children by fault of assumed stupidity. In fact, for someone with such strong opinions about the subject, I say very little or nothing, unless provoked. You know why? BECAUSE IT IS MY DAMN BUSINESS WHAT I PUT IN MY BODY OR MY KIDS BODIES. You are scared. I am sorry. But your irrational fears do not require my children be banned from school or anywhere else. This is America, where I am free to make the best, most educated decisions I can as to what goes into my body and my kids bodies and for those of you who think I should be forced to do anything under the hand of medical practitioners, you are even dumber than I originally thought. Until your kid has the damn measles, shut up.

2. OBSESSIONS WITH FAMOUS PEOPLE AND THEIR BUSINESS: Stop it. Just. Stop it.

3. FLAKES: I know stuff happens occasionally and we all need grace for that, but if you commit to something, show up. Furthermore, don't be all, "OH EM GEE we should totally hang out!" and then never make time or constantly turn me down when I try to plan something. If you know you don't actually want to hang out or have time to do so, don't say it.

4. LOUD: I am so sensitive to sound. I need everyone to remember what inside voices are and use them. (Note: My entire family has missed this memo.)

5. ONE SIDED CONVERSATIONS: Again, we all need to talk about ourselves sometimes. It's cool, I am a seriously awesome listener because I really am interested in you. But if I can tell you everything about your life, hopes, dreams, heartaches, hurts etc, and you can't tell me anything about mine, perhaps you need to learn to listen equally as often as you speak.

6. SALES PEOPLE: I don't care if it is your job. If I need a product I will seek it out. Leave me alone. This goes for people in stores too, the ones that don't even make commission. Asking me if I need help the first time is polite and I get it, beyond that, I don't need you. I am capable of seeking you out should I need further assistance, and we all know when I am looking for you, you will have disappeared into thin air.

7. BLANKETING PEOPLE IN "HE/SHE IS A CHRISTIAN" AS IF THAT WILL MAKE ME LIKE THEM: Guys, just because someone calls themselves a Christian does not mean that he/she understands, lives,works, believes, loves or does any other thing like Jesus. It does not mean you are a good person. It is just another title that may or may not have any actual value.

8. BAD CHRISTIAN ART: This sort of goes with the above. Writing, painting, drawing, music etc should be good. Don't just throw some crap together, call it "worship" and then assume it is worth listening to, reading, or looking at. As an artist, you should want what you do to appeal to people because it is GOOD not because it has the name Jesus plastered on it.

9. SCHOOL TRAFFIC: There has to be a better way.

10. LATENESS: You know how long you need. Plan accordingly.



No comments:

Post a Comment