To go, advance, proceed, travel, move along, progress.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Everything Good.


 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. -James 1:17

I forget the logistics of "everything good"
And so when I look at my life
My day
I tend to say
"Oh my marraige, and my kids, and well, I am breathing..."
When the reality is
In all actuality
"I opened my eyes this morning.
I stood from my bed, feet sturdy and
I walked downstairs, in this house that I live in.
I made myself some toast, because I have food to eat.
The toast didn't burn, and I had butter to spread across the top.
I took my two happy and healthy children to school,
A place they love and where they learn, in my car that runs perfectly
And looks cute too. I went for a jog where I was able to observe
Some of the littlest miracles in creation. I saw a green and yellow spotted
Caterpiller, something so little and simple, yet certainly not simple
At all. I moved so that my heart beat sped up, and oxygen and blood and
muscles all worked in accord with each other perfectly. I drank water.
It was clean and flavored with lemons that you made to grow
On trees. And here I am, writing, inspired to create,
Aware of how completely ridiculous I am
Most of the time....
And yet still you love me- and you remind me
That "everything good" means
Everything.

And I haven't even made it to lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment