To go, advance, proceed, travel, move along, progress.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Waltz

Joy is a Waltz
It is stepping on Your feet
It is You laughing at me
And me laughing at myself
That deep belly laugh 
At the fact that I am dancing
With You

It is done without audience
And only
Without audience
Because
Spectators distract Your lead
And my being completely
Enamored
By You alone

It is a Water Waltz

This dance
Over the Sea of Glass
The one under which
My sins have been thrown
Cast down to the depths
Without ever disturbing
The stillness
The magic solidity
Of the water

I am so taken
I kiss You
Not in the way
Adam came to kiss Eve
But the way in which
The purest
Most simple
And passionate love
Would have me
Display

A love that says
"You are everything"
 And
"I cannot believe
I so desired an audience
That I have never allowed myself
The chance to Waltz..."










No comments:

Post a Comment