To go, advance, proceed, travel, move along, progress.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Prodigal

I was going through boxes this morning and found this little poem. It was dated exactly a year ago.

I am the eldest
I have toiled until my hands were broken
And then continued with broken hands
I have risen with Adams rooster
Ready and willing to give time and effort
At the risk of damaging these broken hands even further
I have pushed and leaned and believed
Through days I didn't think I would last
Another minute
I have accepted responsibility
For who I am
What I know
And all that You have shown me
And I have held it and handled it
I have not cast my pearls
To pigs

I have been transparent and honest
To a fault
I have sought out
My own shortcomings
In order that I may
By grace
Correct them
I still seek
I seek and seek and seek
I fix and fix and fix
I do what I am told

I don't want my treasures
I don't want my fortune
I just don't want to feel
Like the only one
Working with broken hands
In fields only serving to do
More damage

I just want a break
And I don't want it
In the form
Of a party for my brother

No comments:

Post a Comment