To go, advance, proceed, travel, move along, progress.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Because Meatballs Are Funny But Life Is Hard.

When you were little
And I loved Jesus
There was this song
And I prayed it
For you

That something would be
Different
That everything would be
Different
For you

That it wouldn't take
So long
To understand
That you don't
Understand

I held my hopes high
Even as I watched you grow
Into life
And life grow
Into you

I pushed and pulled
My opinions
Inside myself
Knowing that I
Was not in charge
And that like
When you where little
And I loved Jesus
I would have to pray

And my prayers worked
Not like magic
Not like a genie
Who perfected my ideas

But

You are better than me
As I was
Even without understanding
That you don't understand

And now
I pray
That sooner or later
You'll see
Gods hand in all of it
On you
The same as it was
On me


 "In open fields of wild flowers,
she breathes the air and flies away
She thanks her Jesus for the daises and the roses
in no simple language
Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all"

No comments:

Post a Comment