To go, advance, proceed, travel, move along, progress.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Caterpillar.

In my church home group we are studying a book called The Cure by John Lynch. It is basically a book on grace. Letting go of law and trying to please God, and allowing Him to rejoice in us fully exactly as we are. If you are like me, this concept is REALLY REALLY REALLY times a million more REALLY's hard to grasp. In my reading this week I came upon the most amazing analogy:


 "Consider the caterpillar. If we brought a caterpillar to a biologist and asked him to analyze it and describe its DNA, he would tell us, 'I know this looks like a caterpillar to you. But scientifically according to every test, according to its DNA, this is fully and completely a butterfly.' Wow! God has wired into a creature looking nothing like a butterfly a perfectly complete butterfly identity. And because the caterpillar is already a butterfly in essence, it will one day display the behavior and attributes of a butterfly. The caterpillar matures into what is already true about it. In the mean time, berating the caterpillar for not being more like a butterfly is not only futile, it will probably hurt its tiny ears."

Holy, Moses. God sees the monarch in me even though all I see is a fuzzy brown worm? I hope that one day I fully grasp and hold onto grace for what it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment