To go, advance, proceed, travel, move along, progress.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Romans 7:15.

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." Romans 7:15

I am so full of myself
I hardly have time
For You
Perhaps in passing
A late night thought
A string of words
Formed together
Because I know
What I should do

You speak of mountains
And valleys
The coming and goings
Of a time and place
For everything

I may be in a valley
Rightfully
But I am also
Digging a ditch

I give my imagination
Miles
When it should barely be afforded
Inches
I have taken off my protective wears
And stand exposed
As if purposefully
Giving in

Where is the fight?
Where is the memory
Of having come from nothing
To something
Triumphantly
Only because
You gave me the strength
And power
And will
And mercy
To do so?

Why am I choosing
To go into battle
Naked
Exposed
And exhausted-
When you give me
All I need
To win
Before even
Beginning?

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written!! I have wondered that same thing so many times. Why am I so nonchalant about my battles? If we do not fight flesh and blood but a spiritual battle then why do I not prepare myself spiritual to fight it? I am glad that I am not alone on this subject!!

    ReplyDelete