To go, advance, proceed, travel, move along, progress.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

7th Inning Stretch.

On the field the lights are blinding
They are florescent and unbecoming
Without the just the right angle
The grass is green, wet, and freshly cut
Appearing to be painted beneith my feet
Outfield is wide and open
The air is mine to breath

Batter up
I am ready
Catching pop-flies
Is what I do
It is why my face
Appears in magazines
And on TV
"She plays well, it's what she does"
They say

Pop
Pop
Pop

Three outs and the crowd goes wild

The game continues
And I am MVP

Till the last inning-
Bases loaded and this
Is the one that counts
My head is in the game
I anticipate the roars
Of wild fans
When I bring it home

Only...
I don't

I fumble
I fall
I fail

And I don't know
What to make of it
What to make of myself
Because who am I
If I am not playing well
If it is not what I do

No comments:

Post a Comment