To go, advance, proceed, travel, move along, progress.

Friday, August 8, 2014

Untitled.

I want

To be ripe with hope.

Full up with it until my seams are bursting,
stretched to capacity
but soft from its fullness.

I want

To capture thoughts.

Scoop them up and hold them
like fish in a net,
discarding those unfit to be kept.

I want

To be drunk with Shalom.

Far beyond whispers in temples
and cease fires.
Shalom so big it's like black holes-
Misunderstood and never ending.

I want

To stand in unwavering faith.

Infantile, new world, trusting
that the breast of my mother and
the fact that she exists is enough for me.

I want

To drown in joy.

Face hurting laughter at the sheer
lovliness of this breath in my lungs
and the birds and the lilies
all so beautifully clothed with no care
at all knowing that they
are simply not responsible
for such things.  

I want

To trust You.

For all of the above.
To stop looking in so much
And
Just
Look
Up.

I am a grain of sand.
I am important and yet so unimportant.
I am impermanent and will one day
be forgotten,
and that is okay.
That is more than okay
because the little tiny
person who I am-
one day forgotten,
only serves to show
how big
and glorious
and eternal

You are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment