To go, advance, proceed, travel, move along, progress.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Invitation

And so the Pity Party shall commence

You shall all arrive
And I shall tell you of my woes
My unfulfilled desires
And my complete lack of belief
In dreaming

Because dreams are for sleep
And awake is for parties
The parties that celebrate
Realism and Pessimism
As if the two were attendees

I bake cakes laced with strife
And iced with bitterness
I serve slices that seem incomplete
Without a scoop of resentment
A drizzle of unforgiveness

I play games that poke needles
Into dolls
SURPRISE! You've hit the spleen!
I ring around the rosie
And pay special attention to the part
About ashes
Because ashes mean endings
Dust
Soft in between my thumb and finger
Becoming nothing
Against the friction of itself

The elastic holding on my party hat
Snaps
No one has come
Nothing has changed
The cake is gone
The games are old

I should really start cleaning this mess.







No comments:

Post a Comment