To go, advance, proceed, travel, move along, progress.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

What Farmers Do

My impermanence is alarming
At best
I keep trying to focus
On today
What was given to me
Today
Where my joy is found
Today
And all my today's
Drift by
All the while nothing changes
Nothing grows
There is no magic beans
No stalk leading up to heaven
There is just work
Digging
Plowing
Sowing
Tending
And then reaping
The reaping comes in a flash
And then passes
Leaving a new season
Of work
A good friend once told me
"Drips and drops"
Find You in those
Rather than waiting
For some downpour
Which may or may not come
I feel on the edge
Of a Great Depression
Where I must learn to
Store and save and ration
It means patience
Diligence
And faith

Raising my face to the sky
Enamoured with the dreams
Of drips and drops

No comments:

Post a Comment